Here we go.

31 July 2016

04/11/2016

Despite my efforts of taking an allergy pill + ingesting local honey daily, I got allergy-related sinusitis AGAIN. Global warming will kill me off because my body cannot fight this, FYI. Anyway, the nurse practitioner gave me a steroid shot that I am reacting somewhat badly to (weak arm, leg, and neck muscles), my throat is still sore, and even though I don't have a fever, I'm warm enough to be red in the face, so I took a sick day.



So how's about I do a photo dump from the comfort of bed, eh? What did we get into? What did I look at? What did we eat? I'm fixin' to show you!

 photo 8679D66E-3E22-42DC-AC0F-F436FF938761_zpswuc6bey1.jpg
Round KMHD's neighborhood.

 photo C7CDCDED-DE46-40A4-91D6-056272123CAA_zps99zyi99l.jpg
I've always wanted this string of buildings in downtown NLR to do all of my weird business ideas in, but they've been bought up! I hope they are as visionary as I am.


Last August, ATM + I went to ATX to see Total Control, pretty much my favorite band ever. I didn't think they'd ever tour the U.S. again, but they did, so we went!  Anyway, we stopped in DTX both ways to eat at our beloved Cosmic Cafe. I don't know about other restaurants in DTX because this is all I ever want for all the meals. And it is our little tradition to get samosas to-go for the road. Here is the sandwich, Okra Remedy, that haunts me:
 photo 14C58115-7F5D-4EE2-9E43-3A16F90DF54C_zpsx0pj2wz7.jpg



Breaking up the drive, we stayed in Hillsboro, TX at the motel made famous in Bottle Rocket.  Looks just like the movie!
 photo CCB515A1-FEF3-4FF7-8774-6856646581A1_zpsqskpuyqi.jpg



 photo 756A0410-FD36-4A4B-AC48-959B140E5DF7_zps56cvhpvk.jpg

 photo B19CA867-5954-46D8-9415-D55683B4CDC1_zpsrfprzwlr.jpg
sun bleached
 photo 1BFC8D1B-246D-41E9-9C47-341B2C10AC88_zpsdzfz7lkw.jpg

 photo 44A471A8-F07A-4E85-8020-CA90E29DFA05_zpsrywrcjfk.jpg
Nothing but field beyond this pool.
Before the show, we got to visit and have a meal with pals Laura Fleischauer + Zack Carlson. Unsurprisingly, the locals of ATX go out of town to eat to avoid long lines. Lunch @ Pieous (don't just get the pizza, the pastrami is killer!), post-meal walking around at End of an Ear, and a tour of their amazing guest house (scroll to the residential part of that page), wtf. 



After hang times, we disco-napped at our ABnB and then motored over to the venue for the show. Our Uber driver told us that he just gave a ride for Total Control to the venue.  Small world.
 photo 6570ED32-CC3A-4A72-B5EB-96E1E803E119_zps0762kxng.jpg
j'adore
 photo 416817BE-7311-4795-B9A3-FC1B57E92248_zpscay14yi4.jpg

Finally tried the dairy bar on MacArthur:

 photo DB5CA560-FF4E-4A08-8137-17930EE576A9_zpselmqblzi.jpg

It's made to order so everything is super hot and fresh. It's my fav burg in the area rn:
 photo AFDEDF0E-8447-4DD0-BF50-AE98FA250537_zpswsrwxjno.jpg



Sometimes ATM + I will sit on the patio of his work to catch Travs games. You can sip sake and eat junk food! And the parking is good, too.
 photo D1C39100-745E-4B7F-BCA4-D4BEABBDE4E2_zpsuncm3on4.jpg



ATM working while our bat, Lil' Bio (as in biohazard), hangs around:
 photo EBFF949A-5A01-48AB-9912-B7E338F9D7A1_zpsh13fkd9f.jpg



Hanging at JT's parent's house:
 photo EAA7E9E3-1086-4F41-B174-342C8A4084F4_zpsjkh5bfcx.jpg



 photo 27DC8332-7512-42F8-9E00-B109C769D412_zps9ttixuiq.jpg



 photo 4090C665-0601-4621-9C08-EE90E40807EE_zpsbduqslkq.jpg



 photo 64045584-3E2E-4627-857D-672E333EFE5B_zpsj6yval4l.jpg



 photo A0160D48-8F31-4102-A348-C4F554DCA6F8_zpsfdiegsdr.jpg



Jonathan cooked dinner for us, a rare treat. He's a really good cook, too. We really need to invite ourselves over there again. Mmm. Chilaquiles, roasted acorn squash, toasted + seasoned acorn squash seeds, elote, guacamole:
 photo E2CA2249-CCAA-4C9B-8EB2-6245AE88DC22_zps61pfmzjm.jpg



My boss new jacket:
 photo 732E88E0-12A2-4BE3-8F26-E24B89863010_zpsdd96khfj.jpg



She does this for tennis, soccer, and hockey:
 photo 0C7E88DD-1CE2-4022-AC48-F9CC1074111A_zpsmabqlv8e.jpg



Beach time! I distinctly remember riding in lissnin' to Run the Jewels.  Bless up to my in-laws Trish + Anthony for being perfect hosts, as always. Thanks for letting us tag along!
 photo E97ACF5F-3A4B-417E-91D4-622DBDE1621D_zpsa4oi6ncl.jpg



 photo 87440052-465F-4CF8-B9D6-BADD2902B172_zpsdmgub7px.jpg



 photo F48E2C3D-7AF4-495A-96A7-B29A8F80DC4D_zpswolr49ic.jpg



There's no other feeling like sipping a rully good piƱa colada on the beach:
 photo 8CAE2965-DBB4-49C3-A582-E99C2951CE68_zpsw1rxswtk.jpg



We did some Pensacolaing, too:
 photo 4F38AAA6-D077-44E8-A69F-27EA6FF7EB45_zps9nlmmgxs.jpg


 photo E08962EF-B7E8-4F75-B123-3BA967BCCA88_zpsrmrk6ici.jpg




 photo 72AA4E7E-63FD-4500-9DFB-6FF26CBD8168_zpspivullpm.jpg



 photo FD055F96-B545-4B4B-8E6E-489971260467_zpsjprfbv19.jpg



 photo F26C8AA9-89FB-4FC0-9E42-B5D807563B38_zpsgfyaryzx.jpg



 photo 682725EC-53C3-4880-A081-9E4BEEBD340A_zpsnqbdduvt.jpg



 photo F61F4233-7446-4FD3-B00D-D5189C0DC30F_zpsgk3whh53.jpg
 photo FC57AB78-9A2A-4456-86F3-82CCEC8B2BE9_zpsxzgtz4cs.jpg
silhouettes
 photo D9D807AF-6EEE-4E3E-9DAF-7D854975547A_zpsimyijuny.jpg
I tried a bushwhacker with a floater upon the suggestion of a co-worker. It is essentially a boozy chocolate shake, you can't go wrong!
 photo EDB9F883-CD79-42D0-AA7C-9B069D75D754_zpsqspe91uy.jpg
Original Pirate Material
 photo 631004C3-C333-4498-9FE0-AE5DD09D6689_zpsffbngoka.jpg

 photo A2430D84-1D00-40D8-A21A-B8C346AECB44_zpsh67iuhrn.jpg
I woke up for sunrise on the last morning there. It was thrilling to have the entire beach to myself.
 photo E5BAEC1C-0786-4E7A-B452-5CACB264909F_zpsvsolkox6.jpg
boardwalk buddy
 photo EA30484D-2B95-4947-A10D-43DC0079E919_zpsrjwfaiyy.jpg
On the way home, we swung by New Orleans to have lunch + a coffee with Collin. I miss him so!
 photo 1E7FEDC5-28B6-4056-B704-25CB16D60B44_zpsvsx7fza2.jpg
nugget
 photo E26BEFE9-ED6D-41BB-A0DD-9236D75D573B_zpsrhf2ahvs.jpg
Sometimes our living room looks cute.
 photo AB37A2D9-44C6-47F6-B5AF-20A708306043_zpsrbaaezzy.jpg
ready
 photo F700FCC5-6F21-4FBB-8548-46F0359E7520_zpsgamgorha.jpg
View of downtown LR from the NLR's Emerald Park.
 photo 9D5FDA97-76C2-4596-8F09-0CBE9EC6D87C_zpsqfdp3wcw.jpg



 photo 76D7B1A3-74A8-4956-875D-343B8F3813CD_zpstkwfqsuw.jpg



 photo 0D860CFF-D1E1-4CF8-A9AD-FBAEA8FC99BC_zpsomlauk1r.jpg



 photo 237301E1-5D74-475F-8A4E-13BA4758AA4A_zpsjujonrul.jpg

 photo DA5C49A6-B2FC-4F71-9A18-251349642F22_zpsbnfmosv3.jpg
Pinnacle Mt. in the distance there.
 photo 3A295A92-907F-493A-9460-3DD7C4F5B364_zpsvifrc68j.jpg
Mum, KMHD & ATM
 photo FD9B1DF5-335E-4FA1-A11E-150A207DB0F6_zpsahjmojhc.jpg
My hairdresser is magical.
 photo A8D39475-A09A-4E18-82A4-C3453009308C_zpsfmp2ks0a.jpg
Getting a tour of the factory from where our kitchen tile came from. Made in Arkansas!
 photo BDEFD0E1-74D5-49CE-84DB-DED673E871A3_zps5k0zkayd.jpg
R.I.O.T.S.
 photo 20271C74-0341-4C2F-A088-DF735F6991E8_zpscbvzlnn2.jpg
R.I.O.T.S.
 photo 227EE011-4090-43E6-9A13-3FBEFD7BC596_zpsfeb6lnox.jpg
Towering Pines Trail

 photo 23F17006-2635-4117-AB65-91DAEC34D21D_zpshmo7xej5.jpg
 photo E1673D66-D8C2-459A-87D9-C808C8DC6FFE_zpse9mwdloc.jpg
Here is my camping cuisine contribution: choco banana. Ask me about it.



I'll stop here. Next dump coming soon!  We might be close to catching up on 2015, the year of our lord.

No comments:

Blog Archive